Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Fruits

Before anything else, I want to dedicate this experience, this blog - entirely to The Lord - God - Creator of all things. He has done an amazing transformational work in my life, and I want to praise Him for all time with the first fruits of my labors. The first of anything and everything I do must be to Him and to Testify to His TRUTH and glory.

I'm sure not all things on this blog will be about God but it's important - to me - to put Him first, right up front. So that I - the writer - and you - the reader - know the starting point of all things.

Joshua 3:5 - Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you."[NIV]

That's what I want. I want to see God do amazing things around me, to me, and to the people around me. I already see this happening four days into my first term at Impact 195. It's not been easy - in fact this has already been one of the most challenging experiences of my life. Without a doubt, though, it has been the most rewarding week internally.

The past is prologue. If you don't already know how I got to San Diego, and what I'm doing here there perhaps I can tell you. Perhaps I'll write about it later. But for now - here I am, ready and willing to be used by the Lord for His purpose.

His Will is all that matters. That I seek His Will. His Will for my life does not, and cannot differ from His Will for your life, or anyone else's life. Because God has One Will that He put to us in His Word, and through His Word we seek Him, to be obedient. The short of it - that is where I am at, and what I am doing. His Will by studying His Word, holding it close not just in knowing - I already knew a lot - but also in understanding.

Practical housekeeping: He made the way for me to come to San Diego, and He is providing for me - a place to stay and I expect a job to do. I've already picked up some bit video work with a ministry. Check out Kevin Conover's website. It's not a lot but I am happy to help him make some videos, and happy that the Lord is using my skills and talents to deepen understanding of His Word. I do need a job. That's a prayer request, and though I have a hard time saying it - please consider giving to this season in my life. This year of study and growth in God so that when finished I will know, without a doubt, what His purpose is for me in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment