Monday, September 12, 2011

Wilderness Trip

This weekend begins Wilderness Trip with Impact. It's five days, six nights of hiking, prayer and getting close to God.

During the trip we will not be allowed our cell phones or any contact with the outside world. We will make camp at a new site every night, walking a total of approximately 29 miles in five days.

The entire experience is on Catalina Island - a phrase that stuck with me..."Beyond Avalon". We will only be in town on the way in and on the way out of the journey.

I'm excited to go on this trip though I haven't most of the things on the list needed. Fortunately I've got a couple days to scrounge around for supplies I can borrow from veterans of Impact195.

I particularly look forward to the solo day where we are sent out by ourselves for the day to pray, study our bible and meditate on the Lord.

Next week I'll be out of contact while on the island. Saturday to the following Friday. Awesome sauce.

Check out the Checklist. I don't even know what all this is!

1 comment:

  1. "Beyond Avalon" means you'll be on the opposite side of the Avalon Ballroom, where there will be fewer girls in bikinis to distract you from prayer!

    ReplyDelete