Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This week's memory verses.

I thought I'd post the memory verses we are challenged to memorize each week. This will not only help me remember them but perhaps encourage and enlighten you as well. All scripture from NKJV.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; live does not parade itself; is not puffed up; does not behave rudely; does not seek it's own; is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things. Love never fails.

Proverbs 4:23
Keep your heart with all diligence,
for out of it spring the issues of life.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind!

Revelations 2:4-5
Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from it's place - unless you repent.

Well. Nope. It hasn't helped me memorize these verses at all. I guess I'll have to do this the reliable old fashioned way - study. Ahhh. Diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment