Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Unexpected Blessing

I don't have a great plethora* of information to impart to you today - dear reader. What I do have is an encouraging event that confirmed God's amazing mercy.

This morning I left the Brotel early with housemate Steve. He dropped me off to Impact195 on his way about his business for the day. This put me there at about 7:30 this morning. No cars were there yet so I walked around to the back of the building, chose a perch and took up with my memory verses.

A bit after 8AM the media dude - Dan - strolled up and we chatted on our walk around to the front door. I let him know what I do and that I am looking for a job. If that's all that happened today I would have felt good about the day, but it's not.

I went into the cafe and started to write on something that has been gestating inside me. This is something I will share with you when the time is right. Then my Wilderness Family started to arrive. Karina - who may be the only person who knows what I could be typing on. Richard and Ashley invited me to go into the chapel and pray with them. I did. I prayed nothing but thanks to the Lord. Thanks for His jeep which He has bestowed to me and put in my care - which is currently in the shop. Thanks for Steve who went a bit out of his way to drop me off at Impact. Thanks for this family who invite me and encourage me to pray.

After we prayed for a bit I went back to the cafe to gather my things and put them in the big classroom. On the way back down the hall the school treasurer, or CFO, or...whatever she does has to do with money - Debbie - caught me.

She delivered the amazing news that someone - this morning - had paid the remainder of my tuition for this term. The remaining balance on my lessons at Impact195 for the rest of 2011. Thank God! I think that's all I could say. It's all I remember saying. It was His money in the first place, but Thank God for having an obedient servant with a heart to bless knucklehead me. Wow. Thank you.

I was so overwhelmed in thanks to God that I completely forgot to ask her who made this sacrifice. I don't think she would have told me anyway. She hadn't offered the information. It was just, amazing.

Worship started and I went in the big classroom and jumped right into an open heart of worship. God had blessed me. Then I looked up and saw Richard walking toward me - tears in his eyes, a smile on his face. My Wilderness Brother. He came up to me and hugged me - I knew that he had received similar news by his demeanor. We just stood there and hugged and thanked God.

It wasn't until the end of the day that I discovered that our Wilderness Sister, Melanie (who is Canadian, yet speaks almost perfect English), was also blessed with having her term tuition paid up.

How amazing that God put this on the heart of someone who cares and is wanting to be obedient to His Will. What fantastic news! How precious that the same Creator of all things planned out a day for someone to give a few hundred dollars to speak to me.

Now the responsibility of next term's finances moves up to bat. I see how the Lord has been faithful to provide in this, and it brings me comfort in his amazing mercy and perfect grace. I am reminded that while I need to be diligent about finding a job, I mustn't let worry overcome me.

I have one job. To be obedient to God. The great and merciful God.



*Ci, El Guapo - I would say you have a plethora of pintas.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff. I need the ministry you are doing right now. Continue to share God's provisions. It will help me to do the same. Bless you brother

    ReplyDelete